When service is requested in laboratories or related areas (e.g., coldrooms, roof-tops) where potential hazardous exist, a hazardous work permit request should be submitted.  This process will establish a means to assess hazards in the proposed work environment, and efficiently communicate the necessary precautions to protect E&O/ FMD personnel.

To submit permit request, complete the Hazardous Work Permit Request Form, and email to chris.rutherford@duke.edu

Decommissioning Policy for Shared Laboratory Sources: (coldrooms, walk-in incubators, "open-labs", etc.)

Call 684-8822 for questions.